Cheers to 2010!!

Happy New Year, everybody! I hope you all had a warm and memorable holiday break with your loved ones... I most certainly did!

Sorry for being MIA...but like I wrote on my Facebook status, I took vacation seriously and took a holiday from everything work related --- photo shoots & blogging. I was able to spend time with Dave, my sister, and the family. I was also able to dedicate an entire week to my DIY wedding projects for our wedding (53 days). Thank goodness for all my helpers!! I honestly couldn't have finished the invitations without the help! Even my future husband chipped in =)

Focusing back on 2010: I am extremely excited for this year!! So many delightfully exciting events awaiting!! I also have a multitude of personal and career goals set to achieve. My enthusiasm comes from all the blessings I received from 2009 --- which was a pivotal point in my life.

Here's a quick flashback: Dave proposed, I said yes; we picked a date and the wedding planning began; decided to pursue a career in photography, gave lots of freebies building my portfolio, blindly started blogging; Jamilah's Creative Touch officially became a company; got business cards; felt like a big girl when I opened up my business bank account; launched website; and now 40 clients later with weddings shot, portraits taken, smiles given, and more weddings booked for 2010... 2009 basically rocked!!

The best part?? It's only the beginning... 2010 has yet to be unwrapped... on February 27th my life begins as Mrs. Newcomer and I'll be the proud wife of Mr. David Newcomer =) And my photography career has only begun... I know 2009 was only a taste of something I love... something incredible!

Now one more thing... I know I said I didn't work on vacation... but I did do a little bit here and there =/ I revamped my website!! Everything has basically been updated!! Please have a look and let me know what you think!! I've been dying to share this with you! Eeeeee!! I'm so excited!! What a refreshing way to start the year! Cheers to 2010!

Love, jamilah

www.jamilahscreativetouch.com


3 comments:

Matt and Talley Mac said...

we're on the website! I feel special!

It looks fabulous chickee! I'm so happy for you and I can't believe in LESS THEN TWO MONTHS you are gonna be a married chickee!! YAY!!

miss you!

Maria Confer said...

I did the same thing with my vacation and tried to totally relax!

Your new website layout looks so gorgeous. You did a beautiful job Jamilah!!

Happy New Year.

Lulu Letty

Donna Jane said...

i love what you have done, and i feel special that nick and i are one it too :).

Congratulations on such an awesome year, Jamilah! I am so happy and excited for you! I'm sure 2010 will be even more amazing!